Mick's Up in a Search

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mick's Pride and Humility… and…

2010-11-06 Luray Caverns 2010 071What do you get? 

When you swallow your pride, and then allow yourself to be humbled, what happens?  Well, I'm hoping, when I mix it all up, I get growth, including wisdom, peace, direction, and obedience to my God.  That's where I'm at these days.  Each day seems to add another twist of confusion.  You've been there.  I know I'm not the only one.

However, my God is not a God of chaos and confusion.  I'm holding on tightly to that.  Chuck Swindoll's Insight for Today on this Thursday is a real boost for me and my husband Jay.  It's just what we needed to hear this morning, in the midst of our struggles. 


God is amazing, isn't He?!  He takes such good care of us.  He knows just what we need to hear, each and every day. 

So, with that in mind, Jay and I are reminding ourselves constantly throughout the day to change the words that come out of our mouths.  No limiting beliefs.

Pride and humility are two very difficult things to swallow, and so that means growth is necessary to make it happen.  The growing pains are worth it!  Swallow hard!
2010-11-06 Luray Caverns 2010 137

Read 1 Kings 19:10-18 (NASB) to get an idea of the significance of the cave pictures.

Our theme song today:  Get Back Up (TobyMac)

View this post in My Blogworld



"And a great and strong wind was rending the mountains
and breaking in pieces the rocks before the LORD;
but the LORD was not in the wind.
And after the wind an earthquake,
but the LORD was not in the earthquake.
After the earthquake a fire,
but the LORD was not in the fire;
and after the fire a sound of
a gentle blowing."




~

No comments:

Post a Comment