Mick's Up in a Search

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mick’s up Desserts

Yummmm!!!!  Yummmm!!!!

Aren’t holiday goodies just so yummy?!

Now that you’ve had your 3 or 4 splurges during the season, it’s time to get back to the normal routine, but your sweet tooth says it still needs some dessert once in a while, right?!

There are plenty of alternatives out there.  Why go for the sugar, when you can have food that’s tasty AND healthy?

Some great resources are (and I’m sure you can add some of your own finds to the list):

Is it easy to resist desserts? No way!  You don’t know how much I wish (sometimes) I was ignorant of the killer effects of sugar and grains, like I used to be. Help!  Don't let those sugary treats get near me!I do not like living an “abnormal” life (according to most people around me).  I do not like being labeled as a “health nut.”  In reality, I don’t see myself as that.  I simply see myself as a wife and mom, who is planning ahead for my husband and children, doing everything possible to help them avoid a future filled with pain and disease (and helping my husband and me live life to the fullest NOW, rather than the way we were before)Would it be easier to live like we used to?  Yes!  Would there be a lot less resistance with our choices of foods?  Yes!

Would we feel as alive as we do now?  No!

As much as I might want to at times, I will not give up!  Can you hang in there with me?  Please… Don’t give up!

OK… I think it might be time to try a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie recipe (using almond butter)!!!!!



Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Take 3 cups of almond flour and mix in 1 stick of melted butter until you have a dry paste.  Flatten the mix into a pie pan until you have created a base crust.  Bake this for 5-12 minutes in the oven or until lightly browned.

Heat, on low heat, the peanut butter (or any nut butter you like) until liquid consistency and pour a very thin layer into your browned pie crust.  You will not like the recipe as much if you get too much peanut butter in it.  So spread it thin.

NOW the good stuff, the chocolate pudding:
If you do not have a Vitamix blender, then mix this part 1/2 to 1/3  at a time in a traditional blender.
Pour 1 can of Coconut milk into blender,
Add 1.5 scoops of Chocolate Perfect Protein powder
1 heaping teaspoon of Stevita brand stevia
2 heaping tablespoons of organic cocoa
1 large ripe banana
Take 5 large ripe avocado’s and add them on top of the mix and blend.

Once it is mixed, it will be the consistency of traditional pudding.

Pour this into your pie crust and put in the fridge overnight or for a couple hours.

Take any left over pudding and put it in a glass 1/3 of the way full and fill with frozen blue berries.

“Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it;
I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.”

~

No comments:

Post a Comment