Mick's Up in a Search

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mick's up Buddies

Do you have an exercise buddy?  When I coached at our local Curves®, a lot of the members enjoyed working out with a buddy.  It really helped them to keep up their visits at the gym... so much so, that if their workout buddy didn't make it to the gym, neither did they.  Even worse, if one buddy quit, both quit.  So, except for these last statements... the ones about not working out and quitting..., having a workout buddy really is a great thing.

We covered the importance of accountability earlier this week, so why not relate it to exercise?

"The average female will shed more than 10 pounds when she has girlfriends who are willing to eat healthily and train with her.  But a fifth of those who choose to go it alone don't drop a single pound." (Daily Mail Reporter)

That's enough of a reason!  Isn't it?

I must admit.  I do exercise on my own, more than with a buddy.  However, when dealing with factors like injuries or yucky weather, it's easier to talk myself out of my workout than if I have someone relying on me to back them up.

It's been a fun year, watching my family blossom into mini-athletes.  It really helps that my husband has more energy from our lifestyle change, and now initiates outside play with the kidderz, as well as MaxT3 workouts with me.  What a surprise to have a new workout buddy in my own house!

Even though it is more fun with a buddy, I did witness, as a coach, more talking than exertion at the gym.  (That doesn't happen at our house.  I don't allow any slacking.  Just ask my hubby.)  So, beware.  Make sure you are truly keeping each other accountable, if you're serious about making it worth your while and reaching your weight loss and fitness goals.

Do you need that extra boost from a buddy?  There are tips on seeking out the right person.

I don't know about you, but I certainly get more competitive when I'm working out with someone else.  That makes me work harder, which of course makes it a much better workout.

So, get a great workout, bring someone along, and have fun!



Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.
They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.


~

No comments:

Post a Comment