Mick's Up in a Search

Monday, July 23, 2012

Mick’s up With the Skinny

Some readers might view this blog’s purpose as an advertisement for one of the “next best” diet fads.

That certainly is not the case.

I have not been one to jump on the nearest bandwagon.  Ask my hubby.  Just yesterday we had a brief discussion in which he assured me that he knows I keep far, far away from anything cliché.  (In other words, I don’t choose the “popular” route, and I despise fads.)

Many people in my circle of acquaintances approach me proudly to tell of a recipe they like to use that has “low fat” this and “nonfat” that.  I actually take offense to those statements.  True.  I shouldn’t.  However, it feels like an insult, because never do I mention those phrases in my information.  The reason is:  They usually have nothing to do with my main objective for sharing what I’ve learned, but instead those phrases give the impression that “diet” and “weight loss” are the tactics involved.

Basically all the health information I share boils down to this: Healthy cells and spines allow the body to function at 100%.
  CancerKillers
Do you want to be and remain cancer-free?  Are you hoping to make your children’s lives as disease-free as possible?  Does your family health history scare you?

I don’t think the catwalk is where you’ll find the answers you need for true health.

You are beautiful just the way God made you!  Your family and friends want to celebrate life with you for a long, long time.  That alone should be enough of a reason to work at being 100% healthy.  Isn’t it?!

Jonny Diaz sings a song that says it well: “More Beautiful You.”  Enjoy the video link below.

“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”



~

No comments:

Post a Comment