Mick's Up in a Search

Friday, January 6, 2012

Mick’s up with a Golf Ball and an Ice Pack

Do you know what I fear most?  I fear readers will view my blog as written by an arrogant person with a know-it-all attitude, avoid it, and thus hinder any possibility of total wellness for themselves and those around them.

Why would I want to take time away from family, work, and other life responsibilities to write about something unimportant or make believe?

Just like the header on this blog says, “... it's just THAT important to get this information out to YOU!

Looking back on various phases in my life, I remember receiving health advice, which I shrugged off, just like a lot of people still do these days.  Don't let your loved ones make the same mistake!

Now, I’m paying for it, and THAT is why I am so adamant about getting the word out on wellness.  I want to save my readers from suffering similar or worse challenges my husband and I have dealt with.

For me, it's nothing compared to what so many people out there are going through, but it doesn't mean I don't want to save others from even my small ailments.  I’m now living with the consequences of not wearing the proper shoes for all What do you get when you mix an ice bottle, golf ball, ice pack, and a mattress?my miles of walking and years of exercising, nor stretching consistently.  Dealing with a heal spur for more than 6 months and plantar fasciitis for much, much longer… and now seeing how bunions are going to torture me as they get ever-increasingly worse as time goes on… I am in constant pain and discomfort.  Even though I’m using all the remedies I know of, minus the medications and surgery, my symptoms have not subsided.

Not only that, but I can’t count how many times my parents warned me about incorrect and heavy lifting.  Even after years of chiropractic care, I still suffer terrible pain, because of over-usage of my back while still in the uncorrected stage.  If I had listened, and if I had had proper care of my spine early enough, I might not be experiencing this seemingly downward spiral of my wellness at this age.

Do you get it yet?!  Sure, there are people out there suffering a lot worse than I am, and I do count myself as very blessed to have the health I have… but do you see?  I’m trying to save you… or if you think it’s too late for you, then save your loved ones!  I don’t want anyone else feeling doomed to waking up every morning, wondering if they can get out of bed without having to catch their breath because of the pain, after an extremely uncomfortable night’s sleep.  I don’t want anyone else thinking they’re old before their time.

I want newly-weds to enjoy their first 15 years of marriage, instead of having the tension and worry of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.  I don’t want them wasting their money on medications, nor their date nights on doctors’ visits.  They should be putting their time, energy, and resources into maintaining their first house they are so proud of, not on maintaining their sanity and self-esteem.

How many people do you know make the comment that they don’t have enough energy to keep up with the kidderz, whether they mean their children or grandchildren?  That’s not the way it has to be, just because we’re used to hearing it.  If we take care of ourselves early on, we can live a full life, and run around with the children and grandchildren… and even great-grandchildren!  I already bragged on my grandmother, who still runs around with the great-grandchildren, even sledding down snowy hills in the dead of winter.  I wish I could be like her!

Don’t be like me.

Take the advice, when you receive it.

I’m not perfect.  I’ve made lots of mistakes and have seen the other mistakes made.  Read what I have to say about it.  Learn from our mistakes. Don’t make the same mistakes.  Allow the changes to be made in your life and your family members’ lives now, so you can enjoy the benefits before it’s too late.

Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
   love her, and she will watch over you.
The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom.
   Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Cherish her, and she will exalt you;
   embrace her, and she will honor you.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment