Mick's Up in a Search

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mick’s up on Ergonomics

The Tip of the Week from North Hills Chiropractic on September 10, 2011 was:  "Make sure, when sitting at a computer, the computer is eye level, to promote a proper curve in the neck known as the "Arc Of Life."  Improper posture can cause damage to the muscles, ligaments, and your nervous system in your neck and spine!"
Proper Workstation ErgonomicsI need to begin by saying, “I’m guilty!”  I do not sit properly at my computer all the time.  You know what, though?  I know it, when I don’t.  The consequences are not fun.  Think about your workstation.  Are there some improvements to be made?  Let’s look at ergonomics.

"Ergonomics is the science of making things comfy.  It also makes things efficient." About.com

"Ergonomics is employed to fulfill the two goals of health and productivity."  Wikipedia

“Current ergonomics encourages variety and movement rather than an exact posture,” as explained in Office-Ergo's “Conventional Wisdom” vs. Current Ergonomics Thinking.
 
Basically, don’t be sloppy.  Put your chair, keyboard, monitor, and mouse in comfortable positions, where you’re not straining to use them.  Most importantly, remember to get up and move around periodically… and the lifesaving advice I have for you is… visit your chiropractor regularly, and follow his/her instructions on posture and exercises.
 
“You have searched me, LORD, and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.”
 
 
~

No comments:

Post a Comment