Mick's Up in a Search

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mick's Sprints and Jumping Jacks

You can't beat early mornings!Being that I like early mornings, it’s great to find scientific reasoning behind itSo, here it is!

Did you know you can actually get more benefit from your exercise, if you workout early in the morning before eating breakfast?  Weight loss?  Wellness?  Energy?  Early Mornings?  No need to say more!  I’m there!

In Mick’s in Groceries, I listed out a typical day of grocery shopping.  Today, it’s a typical day of exercise.

Before eating breakfast, usually after my daughter gets on the school bus, I go for a run and/or sprints.  No bragging here… I don’t run far.  In fact, I’m back home within 15 minutes, with plenty of time to spend with my son before he gets on his school bus.  When I do sprints, it’s a 20-second sprint followed by a 20-second rest, and then a repeat of that set 2 more times (for a total of 3 sprints).  After a 2-minute recovery, I either do another set of 3 sprints, or I concentrate on other muscle groups by doing other exercises (push-ups, pull-ups, dips, shin slaps, bicycles, squats, lunges, squat-thrusts, jumping jacks, etc.).  After the second grouping of 3 sets of 20-second exercises, another 2-minute recovery is then followed by a final grouping of 3 sets of 20 seconds.

This is an awesome way to get a quick workout and to get the body burning fat for hours!

Similar information is also found in Mick’s up Exercising, where we learn about interval training
“When you exercise for no more than 20 minutes at one time and your regime consists of any form of exercise such as stationery bike, cycling or running up a small hill, even doing 50 start jumps for up to a minute followed by rest/recovery for up to 2 minutes, you are doing what Dr. Sears calls supra-aerobics, beyond aerobics. That is training your body to recover quickly and build lean muscle tissue in preparation for its next intense training session. This is really a modified version of interval training.” (Teya Skae of Natural News)

Whatever it’s called, I love it.  It’s quick.  It’s easy.  It works! 

(It gets a body revved for the work of the day, and it allows time for the more important things in life, like spreading the Good News of the Gospel and sharing God’s love with those around you!  Go for it!)


I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.
They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.”
1 Corinthians 9:23-25 (NIV)

~

No comments:

Post a Comment