Mick's Up in a Search

Monday, October 24, 2011

What’s a Good Read, Mick’s?

Driving in the car and running errands this morning was refreshing, as I listened to some great stuff on the radio.  It was a wonderful way to start the week.  Getting a good mindset on a Monday morning can mean nothing but a positive outlook for the rest of the week.

Setting goals, like we did in the meeting I attended this afternoon, can get the week off to an excellent start.  What do you plan to accomplish this week?  How about this month?  Take some time now to block out segments in your calendar to adequately get you on your way to success.

I have recently set for myself a goal of reading one nonfiction book every month - preferably on management, leadership, or lecturing - especially since a business acquaintance highly suggested it.  I plan to stick to it.  Being a mom, wife, and business lady, I run into challenges with the scheduled reading time.  I know you know how it is.  You probably have more challenges than I have.  I can almost guarantee it.  However, we owe it to ourselves, and those we are taking care of, to do our best to reach these self-improvement goals.  I’m going to do it!

"Nourish the mind like you would your body. The mind cannot survive on junk food." Jim Rohn

I’m going to start making a list of books and blocks of time.  I’ve already considered Dave Ramsey’s suggested reading list, as well as other good reads I hear about and write down.

A book mentioned on the radio this morning is “Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild.” I would not normally pick a book like this myself, if I just read the cover and brief introduction, but the reviews are good.  I might have to look into it.

Later on the radio, I was reminded of another book that has been suggested to me several times:  “Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back, Deluxe Edition.”  I guess it’ll have to get put on my list, too, especially after I enjoyed reading a similar book this summer:  “The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A Remarkable Account of Miracles, Angels, and Life beyond This World.”

You might have some other goals in mind.  Write them down.  Visualize them.  Imagine the feeling of accomplishing the goals.  Use the formula I heard about today that is from an inexpensive e-book titled, “The God Formula.” 

Whatever you do, be sure to allow time in your schedule for you!

Mmmmmm… A nice cool evening is a great time to curl up with a good book!  What do you think?



“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips;
meditate on it day and night,
so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.
Then you will be prosperous and successful.” 

~

No comments:

Post a Comment