Mick's Up in a Search

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mick’s up with the Psychology

I attended a Health Presentation last night, and I got some really great information!  I also experienced a lighIt's all in the perception.  Do you view exercise as fun?t bulb turning on in my head.  Do you love moments like that as much as I do?  Who doesn’t?  Right?

I love writing this blog, because there is such great information to get out to people to empower them to make their own healthy choices for their family.  However, the light bulb for me is that I get so passionate about the subject, I forget that people already know what they’re supposed to be doing to be healthy.  It’s not shocking news that we need a good attitude, good nutrition, and exercise.  In other words, I can offer the information, but it’s up to you to take action.  No matter how passionately I offer this information, I can’t make it stick.  So, I’ll go a little easier on you from now on.

We all do things for one of two reasons:  Either we go toward pleasure or we go away from pain.  I view exercise as pleasurable, because I see the benefits associated with it, and go to it.  However, others view exercise as painful and “run away” from it.  Do you see exercise as pleasure or pain?  (Can I tell you how thankful I am that my husband’s chronic pain decreased enough that he could get past the idea that exercise equals “pain” and actually consider the benefitsI love it when we take time to workout and improve our health together!)

It’s all in how you perceive it. 

“Not until the pain of the same is greater than the pain of change will you embrace change.” (Dave Ramsey)

Surprisingly, 80% of us don’t think about our health until it’s gone.  I beg you:  Don’t be a statistic.  What exercise choice will you make today for your health?  Are you running toward exercise or running away from it?

Many thanks to Dr. Frank Lombardozzi for the inspiration!


“Since ancient times
no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen
any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.”
 
~

No comments:

Post a Comment