Mick's Up in a Search

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mick’s up Moms

This is dedicated to all the moms out there!
Being that this blog from a mom’s perspective has the goal to help families live healthier, and because it’s my mother-in-law’s birthday, today’s post is dedicated to moms.

I asked some friends of mine (who in the recent past have discovered a new lifestyle including running) for some words of wisdom, from a healthy mom’s perspective.  Enjoy!

Jenny writes:
Happy Birthday, Mom W.!
♪♫ Happy birthday, Mom W!♫♪
“My experience with healthy family life really evolved out of my own up and down weight.  I did not start out teaching my girls healthy habits.  I admit they have eaten their share of frozen chicken nuggets and fries.  I was not much of a cook early in their lives.  As I learned more about how I needed to eat to feel better and maintain a healthy weight, I also learned how to cook.  This is not always greeted with enthusiasm by my kids, but they have learned to try new things and even grown very fond of many great healthy dishes.  Lets face it, cooking at home is so much better and cheaper.  Oh and letting my kids help in the kitchen has increased their awareness of what they eat and gotten them more excited about it. I also was very aware, as a mother of girls, that I needed to lead by example.  There are frightening statistics on teen and preteen girls and eating disorders.  So I wanted to lead by example.  I cook healthy, eat regular meals, and work out at least a few days a week.  I also discovered that a one month membership to the Y was cheaper than one evening out to dinner and a movie with my family.  As a family, we discovered the beautiful area in which we live and do some hiking.  I won't say we never eat out or enjoy a less than healthy treat but we do so in moderation.”

Stay tuned for Shannon's writing:
“[Shannon's awesomeness entered here!]”

Some quick ideas for healthier nutrition for the family can be found in the resource I have used for the past year to get my family to our current improved state of health, which is the Maximized Living Nutrition Plan book by B. Lerner, BJ Hardick and K. Roberto.  It has similarities to the Paleo Diet or Raw Diet or Primal Diet… but it is less raw, much better, yummier, easier to follow, and more family-friendlyHave fun exploring!

A fellow blogger Carla Gardiner of CarlaJGardiner.com posted an article that fits well with today’s Mick’s up Life:  Why Do People Sabotage My Health Plan?  Enjoy… and become inspired! 

Attribution Statement: This article (Why Do People Sabotage My Health Plan?) was first published at CarlaJGardiner.com.  To receive your own FREE "Secret to Turning Back the Clock" video, go to CarlaJGardiner.com and claim your free video NOW!

Chicago 6 11 Headshot 150x150 Why Do People Sabotage My Health Plan?Carla J Gardiner is an ex-banker turned entrepreneur who built an auto transport brokerage and dispatch center from the ground up. With half a days training and little else Carla learned the business inside and out the hard way…by doing it. Her passion and purpose lies with the people she works with daily; the client, dispatcher, broker and truck driver. Her frustration within the industry has birthed a new division of her company; a part-time business to to properly train, encourage and mentor others in turning back the clock and regaining youthful health.

“A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life…. 
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
‘Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.’
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.”
~

No comments:

Post a Comment